Race Prayer - Positive Thoughts

Our son entered Jr. High this year and joined the cross country and track teams. He immediately saw success which has hooked him into this great sport.

As he was continuing to win races and improve on his personal best times my daughter asked him how he was doing it?

I shouldn't have been surprised by his response, but admittedly I was. He said one of the things he does during the race is pray. I could easily see how this practice has helped him and since then my daughter has also implemented the "race prayer" technique, which has also proven helpful for her.

Prayer causes you to think in the positive and when your mind is in the positive it can accomplish much more. Positive thoughts seem to provide more energy and a greater ability to focus, two essential ingredients to winning the mind game in mid and long distance races.

No comments:

Post a Comment